FITBIKECO's goal was to design and produce an extremely strong fork with plenty of tyre clearance. After 2 years of R&D and a lot of investment in tooling, the Blade V.3 is available with a traditional 33mm offset. Here are a few features that make these forks so strong.
Using left and right specific investment cast drop-outs instead of traditional Cr-Mo plate, they eliminated the weld gap on the inside of the drops, and were able to thicken up the drops toward the top making a much stronger drop-out/leg connection.
Seamless, swaged legs provide more strength than welded or fused caps-especially if pegs are installed. The ends of these legs are formed, not capped and welded so there is nothing to fracture. A longer 166mm CNC’d steerer tube with increased wall thicknesses wherever possible and a 24mm x 1.5 compression cap with integrated race. Tapered and butted legs provide tons of strength, crown weld surface, and peg clearance.
- Post weld 4Q Baked heat-treatment
- Legs: Seamless Swaged (No Welded Cap)
- Dropouts: Investment Cast
- Steerer Tube: 1 Piece CNC-Machined 4130 CrMo
- Steerer Tube Length: 166mm
- Compression: M24 X 1.5 Thread – 6mm Allen Slot
- Axle to Crown: 320mm
- Offset: 25mm
- Weight: 2.25 lb (1.02 kg)
- Heat Treat: 4Q Baked Post-Weld